Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Waiting

I had my beta moved up to today since everyone finally talked me into it:-) I went in at 8:45, got a huge hug and "congratulations" from some of the nurses here and then gave blood and left. Now I sit here and wait. I have TONS of things that I can do but I am completely useless. Of course, I convinced everyone else that my beta would be high enough, but not myself. So I dug around in a drawer until I found an old Walgreens brand digital (those puppies are not at all sensitive, supposedly) and I peed on it (what else is new?). Thankfully, it came up "pregnant" within about 8 seconds, so I think I am still pretty safe, but I want to know!

The nurse at CCRM was really supportive of me coming in a day early since I told her that my HPTs were coming in darker and darker. I can't say the same for my local RE's office - they tried to talk me out of it. So, here I sit, on pins and needles, waiting for proof that I am right and I have a nice, strong HCG level....The way this works here is that my local RE draws the blood, measures it in the lab and then faxes the results to CCRM. The results get to the nurses and doctors and then CCRM calls me....so it could be anytime...but likely later this afternoon that I get the call. I hate waiting!!! Then, if the number is good (prayers, please), I get to go in again on Friday to make sure it is going up properly. Then we wait at least 2 weeks for the first ultrasound. I'll update when I get the number...

2 comments:

DAVs said...

Good luck! I know waiting stinks but I'm hoping for a big, fat, juicy beta number for you :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

The waiting is killing me! That's nice that the old RE nurses were excited for you. I am too!