Sunday, October 26, 2008

7dp3dt - the 2ww is so hard!!!

So, I don't want to get my hopes up, but I also wanted to document this for the future. Friday was 8dpo and I started a little brown spotting, right after having a little cramp. It went away and then yesterday, 9dpo, I had a little more brown spotting. Now, for you non-IVFers I am sure this is TMI, but for the IVFers in the know, you are screaming "it's implantation bleeding!!!!", right? I am desperately trying not to get my hopes up...but I can't help but see this as a good sign. 8dpo would be the exact time that implantation would likely occur, so for all of you with questions here is the table:

this is what happens in a 3dt :
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Now, this chart always confuses me though b/c I've been told from prior cycles that the morula is actually the stage before blastocyst (when it is compacting and cells are no longer countable but it is not yet a blast). So I am confused why this says the morula stage is later. However, this is a pretty accurate chart for what should be happening. So, I am now on 7dpt. Interesting, huh?

I am just hoping that the spotting was IB! I will absolutely refuse to post any other symptoms at all. The meds I am on mimic all the signs of pregnancy and I know for a fact that there will be hundreds of women every day researching their days post transfer and feverishly looking for symptoms who will encounter my blog and then search for symptoms. So, though I've done this every cycle for the last year, I won't go there:-) If I am pregnant, I'll post my symptoms later...

Pray for us!!!

4 comments:

Josée Martens said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea you had a blog! I am so keeping up with you now. Only a few more days huh! Hugs! Now we can also be blogger buddies and I can follow your pregnancy. ;-)

Lisa said...

Good luck!! I'm hoping and praying and praying some more!!! The 2ww is pure torture, and I know it's impossible not to speculate every single symptom every single which way. I only hope it doesn't drive you too crazy :) Keep the faith. This is going to be the ONE!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Here from Planet Davila. Good luck! Sending prayers your way!

Kristen and Kiko said...

Well, you know I already know think it's TRIPLETS!!! I'm so happy you have a blog, I will add you to mine! I'm so excited for you!!!