Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cleared for take off!!!

Yay! I get to start stims tonight! I know to those of you that do not battle IF it may be shocking to be so happy about giving yourself 3 injections a day, but I was soooo looking forward to this! DH and I went to a ghost walk in Syracuse last night where the historical society gets a bunch of actors to act out ghosts of famous people and times in Syracuse history (don't laugh- you'd be surprised!!!). It was fun and chilly and about an hour after we got home, I got AF. So, I had to run in to the local fertilty center this morning for my bloodtest and ultrasounds which were then forwarded to CCRM for analysis and I got the call that we can start shots tonight! That sets me up for another ultrasound/bloodwork appt on Tuesday here, flying out Tuesday or Wednesday and start at CCRM on Thursday. NOW I have a lot of work to do!!!

On a fun note, Brett and I went to Old Navy last weekend to pick up a few things and there was this incredible sale, so we got halloween costumes for the dogs. Oh, I know, we don't have tiny little dogs that tolerate that sort of thing, but we love to torture our boxers with a little dress-up every now and then. So...I will try to post the pics here...



I'm new to this whole blogging thing so it is not the most graceful picture placement but it will do for now....Aren't they funny? Sherman is the devil (not too far off...) and Harley is the royal one (totally RIGHT ON with that constume! she is the princess). Oh, I'm going to miss them for 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Houghton Crew said...

Hi Sue,
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you guys and following along on your blog. We certainly know this process is not easy but we are praying that your persistence will pay off. I hope we can serve as a beacon of hope that this whole crazy process can work. (and sometimes really well!) Safe travels this week and know that there are lots of people back home hoping, praying, and sending good vibes for a successful IVF cycle.

By the way, do NOT stay at The Continental in Denver. Ask Erin about that one!

Love the doggies...they are so cute. Hopefully I'll get to meet them...and you guys for that matter when you return.
Best wishes,
-Steve-