Monday, November 17, 2008

A perfect little bean!!!


We saw and HEARD one perfect little bean and heartbeat!!! According to the RE, I am at 6w6d....we found this little guy, sitting in a great position, and with a heartbeat flickering away! The nurse thought we might be able to hear it so turned on the doppler and unbelievably (it is really early to hear anything) we heard the fast, little heartbeat! It was an incredible moment. I was a nervous wreck. Thought I was going to be sick this morning I was so scared and it all dissolved in that moment!

The nurse also found what she thinks is another sac, though it appeared to be empty. So, it looks like we may have had twins at one point. However, she isn't positive it is a sac - it could also be a small bloodclot, it is too early to tell. She was leaning towards it being a sac...which is sad, but at least our one strong hb is there! The picture is a little grainy, but you can clearly see our little bean!!!

So, now that we've seen the heartbeat and heard it, some doctors say that the risk of miscarriage goes down to about 5-7% at most, so Brett is insisting that we are going to just be happy now. No more obsessing about what could go wrong and just be plain old happy. So, I'm going along with it. I will be waiting for a phone call from CCRM tonight to see what they say and if I am still on restricted movement (which may be because of the possible blood clot), but besides that, I am just beyond happy.



6 comments:

DAVs said...

Yes, I agree with Brett-happiness must commence!
Congrats!

Linda said...

I am so happy for you that you got to see and hear your little miracle!! Congratulations!! :)

Polly Gamwich said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful!!!

Deep breathe with a good ultrasound, eh?

Another CCRM success.

Lisa said...

OH SUE!

I loved that picture!!

HURRAY!!!!

You are offically pregnant! It must have felt so good to see the sac and hear the heartbeat. I am so happy for you. So sad about the second sac. But the one that stuck around is going to be in your arms in nine months.

I agree with your hubby! You have survived the 2ww, the betas, and now the Ultra sound. It is time to be over the moon excited and enjoy every single seond.

Let the shopping spree begin! :)

Josée Martens said...

That is so extremely lovely! It must have been magic to hear and see it all.

A Whole Lotta Firsts said...

congratulations! so so happy for you and Brett. and i love the nickname...booger...remember to write it in your baby book.