So, I have my calendar. Eeeek. We are adding saizen for egg quality so after I write this post, I'm going to scour the internet for information about it. I think I saw something on IVFconnections about it the other day. But, it is also another shot. So, this cycle I will be happily injecting into my poor belly 4 shots a day! wow.
So, here is what I do this time. I started antibiotics today. Then, in about 18 days (on CD20), I go to my local RE for a blood test to see if my progesterone levels are good. If so, I start lupron. Then wait to get AF. As soon as I get AF, two days later I go into my local RE again for an ultrasound and bloodwork. If all is good, I start stims in the next day or two. I will be starting with 1 menopur AM, and in the evening I do the saizen shot, 150 gonal-f, and my .5 lupron. I have a few days of that, one more trip to the local RE and then I am off to CO. They are estimating retrieval for February 24th, though I personally think it will be later. Last time we were almost a week late, but I also know each cycle is different, so who knows? Then we go for retrieval, take a day to recover and then come home. The embryos we make will be grown in the lab to blastocyst stage and then a cell will be taken and they will be vitrified (frozen, really, just in a more technologically-advanced way) and we will wait 6-8 (probably 8, from what I hear lately) weeks to find out how many normal embryos we have.
So, we are on our way. I had a minor freak out yesterday because it seems like all of a sudden there is so much to do. I was just coasting along, starting to enjoy being normal, doing yoga again, eating healthy, running sometimes, and trying to forget all this stuff...though we all know that really it was in the back of my mind the entire time and I was just PRETENDING to be normal...but once my conversation with CCRM yesterday came up, I was off running with a list of things to do. For one, I have to have another hyseteroscopy so was going to schedule that but now have decided to let CCRM do it during ER, easy fix. I needed to get recent bloodwork sent to CCRM and we need to arrange to have blood taken from Brett and frozen and shipped to CCRM for CDC testing again. In the meantime, we took a loan from our Citibank card for 3.99 percent for $20K, so that we can fund this cycle. After this, anything we do absolutely has to be covered 100% by insurance. We also cashed out one of our small investment accounts (we don't have much left at all) and I am going to use the rest of my little savings for one last chance. Isn't this tiring? Anyway, here we go. Lets hope things go well, huh?