Monday, May 11, 2009

Vivelle, Check!

AF finally arrived on Saturday morning at 2:30 AM. Of course my nurse said Friday is the last day but she may be able to stretch me to Saturday and still keep my date, so I was freaking out. Friday morning I had spotting (and I NEVER spot) so, of course, I cheered the arrival of AF. Then nothing. So, I jumped up and down a bunch, lol. Drank strong ginger tea, went for a run. Um, other stuff to try to get her to come on. Then I called the nurse. She asked me when I thought I'd get my period. I said any minute, or sometime overnight. She told me that if I get her anytime before bed that I should consider it CD1 and start Vivelle patches on Sunday (CD 3), but if I got AF after bedtime and any time before Saturday bedtime, to consider Saturday CD 1 and start the patches on Monday. I was a mess. Finally I woke up at 2:30 Saturday morning with horrible cramps, got up, read a book and by the time I went back to sleep, I had full flow. So, I started the patches this morning and we are still shooting for a May 29 FET date. Whew. AF arrived on the last day possible...but at least she arrived!

So, I'm starting to get excited about our trip and the FET. We are still thinking we are going to drive down to CO and make a little road trip/vaca out of it. So, I will start scheduling and planning as soon as I talk to my nurse today because that would mean that we are leaving in almost exactly 2 weeks!!! Our first leg of the trip will be down to visit Gettysburg, PA and visit with friends there. Brett and I have driven across the country several times to move coasts and each time we've been in a mad rush to get to the other coast so have never stopped to sight-see and since we have some time, we are going to sight see this time! (well, once I stopped to see Mount Rushmore but that was the one trip where Brett wasn't with me - he was already in WA waiting for me to arrive with all my stuff!).

I am nervous, of course, about the results of this FET. The CGH/microarray testing has gotten such great results. The success rates are unbelievable. It makes the fear of failure that much more distinct. Last night, Brett voiced concerns about what if this is a BFN. We haven't really been considering it and we sort-of have a plan in place, but I think we will both be so confused if it is. That is the scary part. And then my fear kicks in that we will get a beautiful BFP and I will miscarray again. I think I'll be freaking out at every single ultrasound....and that isn't much fun. So, I've been trying to not think about it. Just trying to stay positive and think that I've gotten pregnant before so we know I can, the embryos are normal (well, 90% sure they are normal) so the chance of me m/c'ing is smaller, and at the end of it all - what choice do we have? We either go forward and try or we give up. So, here we go...

6 comments:

DAVs said...

Glad you're on your way, the road trip sounds fun!
I think your fears are normal. The CGH success rates are amazing and that in itself can be both wonderful and daunting. Just try to take everything one day at a time as it comes. I know that's easier said than done, but really, it's actually all you can do. I have a good feeling about this for you!

Jill M. said...

About AF, that was like deja vu reading that as you know AF showed up for me last possible min too. She's such a witch! But... I'm soooo glad you get to go forward with your FET, I know you are so relieved. Reading your fears, I'm like great, that's what I'm going to be like in several weeks, that is if I even get any normals. Have fun on your road trip!

kayjay said...

That sounds like so much fun - your road trip that is! Will you be bringing your dogs with you or leaving them with someone at home?

I could have written your last paragraph myself - I'm starting to feel worried and concerned about the outcome of this cycle since the stats are so high. And like you said, even if we get a BFP, what if I miscarry again??? I hear you sista...it is not an easy time but I have to hang onto the hope that since these embies are 'normal' this is our best shot. Good luck and I will be following along closely!!

Not Your Aunt B said...

So glad you will get to go before they close! Whew! Leave it to AF to wait until the last possible second. With the CGH & GF diet, I hope you have success!

Anonymous said...

So glad it is underway. Let me know if you stop in Pittsburgh. I hear you on the emotions - do whatever you need to do - no matter what that is to be okay.

Anonymous said...

Happy you got to go with this cycle - what a crazy time waiting for AF! And just try to think of the fabulous stats and stay positive, there is plenty of time to be negative later if necessary. I think this will do the trick for you though; and what a great way to take some stress off to sightsee on your way across the country. Glad you can take a bit of time instead of making a mad dash.