Monday, May 25, 2009

Somewhere in Illinois

I started a post yesterday entitled "somewhere in PA" but for some reason couldn't post it. So, I am finally updating. We had a GREAT time in Gettysburg dragging my friend Chris across every part of the battlefield in the hot sunshine and on the ghost tour. It was great. I hate living so far from her! then we left after an early dinner and made it to another part of PA to rest for the night. This morning we drove through the rest of PA, OH, parts of WV, Indiana and here we are in IL. It sounds like a lot but it was a fun drive. I have great pics from Gettysburg but will have to post them later.

I started the PIO Sunday along with the medrol. I did not make it to my P4 check today since every local blood draw place was closed along the way....but I am not overly worried. I can feel that I am absorbing the progesterone just fine, thank you painful bbs! My RE said it was okay to skip the P4 check if necessary since I've never had a hard time absorbing it before. However, i did need to add estrace to the protocol b/c my estrogen was low. It was supposed to be over 300 with the 4 patches but was only around 168. This seems to be kind of common. My lining on Saturday was already a 12.4, so that is super-plush and ready to receive the babies!

On a very interesting note- I saw a stork on the drive down to Gettysburg on Sat. I almost didn't believe it was a stork but when Brett asked me to describe it, I was like, um, it kind of looked like the vlasic pickle bird, lol, but is that a stork? He said yes, that is a stork. Its little legs hung down as it flew over our car. That, my friends, I am taking as a very good sign! How cool is that?

11 comments:

Kris said...

Glad you are having a great drive! Sounds like you are having a blast (pun intended!:))

Awesome about seeing the stork! Love it!

Sky said...

Wow honey, you're an inch away from transferring those healthy embryos! Soooo exciting! When do you head to Colorado?

And I was surprised to hear you're on PIO. My nurse ordered the suppositories but I emailed and asked her if I could do PIO instead. She was floored that someone would request an injection. I'm not into needles but I'm even less into suppositories up my woo hoo, particularly before a transfer.

Anyway, I'm super excited for you!

DAVs said...

Yay for the stork! That's so cute. Glad you are having a good road trip on your way to pick up your kiddos.

Jill M. said...

Glad you're having a good trip so far. Stork huh? That sounds like a great sign! When I was at CCRM recently, everywhere I went, there was a rabbit, I was wondering if that was a good sign.

Keep us posted!

Nikki said...

Good sign - you seeing the stork!

Glad that you are enjoying your trip! Yay for the awesome lining!

Not Your Aunt B said...

I think the stork is a good sign! Very symbolic indeed.

DonnaPetit said...

Hahahahaha, you saw a stork and you went looking for ghosts. You two are having a very special road trip! I am so sure that seeing a stork is your sign that this time it's gonna work!

kayjay said...

A Stork!! A Stork!! How amazingly symbolic is that?! When I got my first BFP ever, on the way to the ET I saw a sign at the side of the road that said "The Plants have aligned!" and it had been there for a while - I just never noticed it! It sounds like your road trip is going very well and you're enjoying it. Have fun picking up your kids and I hope hope hope that all continues really well!!

Retro Girl said...

I'm glad you are having a fun drive! The stork is truly a good sign! And so is your lining ;-).

Continued safe travels...

Josée Martens said...

Hi Sue!!! I wish you could stop by in Illinois and see me.

I think the stork is a GREAT SIGN!

You must almost be there by now, right? Be safe and enjoy the ride.

Me said...

That HAS to be a good omen!!!